External Shade Solutions
iQ Shutters offer the best custom made shade solutions on the market. We provide many of the leading brands available today.
External Venetian Blinds
Horiso® Specialty Venetian blinds are external venetian blinds which can also be installed internally. The blinds consist of aluminium slats and high quality components that operate the blinds. They can be installed during construction or retrofitted onto a building facade and offer effective solar management. The internal installation of external venetian blinds does not require any structural building changes and offer privacy in addition to solar management. The external venetian blinds can be raised, lowered and tilted and are suitable for a range of applications including installation on verandahs and outdoor rooms. They are available in a choice of sizes, finishes and colours.
Rack Arm Systems
Horiso Rack Arm Systems enable effective solar control on unusual external glazed surfaces including horizontal and inclined shaped glazing. The non retractable system consists of a series of support arms onto which slats are mounted. The support arm also contains the control mechanism for tilting the slats. A range of systems are available from light weight to a heavy duty system for larger glazed areas.
Other features and benefits:
- Fully motorised and automatically controlled via switch, remote control, home automation, touch phone, hand held devices, Climate Ready® Operating Systems, and Building Management Systems.
- Flexible application including any orientation, slope, angle and any glazed shape.
- Can withstand strong winds and moderate snow and ice loads.
- Precise light control, allowing 110 degrees of rotational control from closed to fully open.
- Interlocking slats are available with brushes, providing near blackout, or adjusted to allow day lighting as needed.
- Highly versatile system suitable for all types and shapes of glazing including curved surfaces, trapezoids and circles, angled and pitched applications.
- Available in a variety of shapes and sizes including flexible, rolled edged and extruded aluminium slats.
- Integration with air conditioning and audio visual systems.
The Corradi Impact Retractable Roof is a motorised retractable roof system which utilises uses a unique multi layer material which blocks water and UV rays and has a soft fabric texture. Impact is renowned for its innovative anti-drip technology and integrated gutters which channel water to manage rain run-off, ensuring the space below stays perfectly dry.
Impact can be installed on any pre-existing pergola or structure. Its modular nature makes it well suited to commercial applications as well as residential. Each system can span up to 13m x 9m and when attached to a pre-existing or custom-designed structure they can cover any size area – even stadiums!
The Retractable Roof canvas is available in an extensive range of standard and custom fabrics.